1. Responsible data controller and privacy officer
This privacy notice applies to the processing of data represented by:
SETEX Schermuly textile computer GmbH
VResponsible: Managing Directors Christoph Schermuly and Oliver Schermuly
Privacy Officer for SETEX Schermuly textile computer GmbH
Herr Tobias Lechner (Rechtsanwalt)
Tel.Nr: 06431 4985-0
2. Collection and storage of personal data in view of the nature and purpose of use.
a) When you visit our websites
When you access our website www.setex-germany.com your device will automatically send information about your computer hardware and software to the server of our website. This information is stored temporarily in a log-file. Following information may be collected without any action on your part until automated deletion:
- your IP address
- access date and times
- referring website addresses
- the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.)
- browser type, operating system and internet service provider (ISP)
SETEX uses this information for following purposes:
- to provide a seamless connection to the website
- to maintain quality of the website use
- to provide general statistics regarding stability and security of the system
- for further administrative purposes
b) Subscribing for the newsletter
By having agreed to the newsletter subscription, we use your e-mail contact according to par. 6 art. 1 p. 1 cit. GDPR to send our regular news electronically to you.
The presence of an e-mail address and a name is sufficient to subscribe for the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time through a link at the end of our newsletter email, or just send an e-mail to an firstname.lastname@example.org.
c) Using the contact form
If you contact us with questions of any kind via our website contact form, you voluntarily consent that we contact you back. For this purpose, we need a valid email address from you. The email address will be used to assign the request and then reply to it. Provision of further data is optional.
This data, collected for the purpose of enabling contact with us, is voluntarily provided and processed in accordance with par. 6 art. 1 p. 1 cit. GDPR. The information you submit will be stored for the purpose of processing your request and for possible follow-up questions. After your request has been completed, your personal data will be automatically erased.
d) Use of our member area My SETEX
If you would like to use our member service My SETEX you must create a user account providing some personal data about you as an individual. This includes details such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We use the double opt-in process to ensure that the email address given is valid. Your registration for our members service is only concluded after you confirm the link in our verification email.
The data collected with this registration are used to govern the rights management on product information provided by SETEX.
You can withdraw your consent to use your data at any time. If you wish to do so, please email us at email@example.com or write us at SETEX Schermuly textile computer GmbH, Hauptstraße 23-25, 35794 Mengerskirchen, German.
3. Disclosure of Data
SETEX will not use and communicate your personal data to third parties unless for the purposes provided under this section.
We shall forward your personal data to third parties only in case of:
- If the data subject has given his or her explicit consent to the processing in accordance with par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR.
- The processing of sensitive data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (see par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR) and there is no reason to believe that there is an overriding and legitimate public or private interest in preventing the disclosure of data to third parties.
- In the event, that for the transfer of personal data (according par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR) is a legal or constructive obligation.
- Where permitted by law in accordance with par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR and where it is necessary for the settlement of the contract.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
Session cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and Subscription Service. For example, SETEX keeps track of the Websites and pages you visit within SETEX, in order to determine what portion of the SETEX Website or Subscription Service is the most popular or most used.
Furthermore, we use persistent cookies who work for a certain established period of time to provide and improve performance and functionality of our website. For example, these cookies and similar technologies could pre-fill your user ID when you logging in.
One the other hand we use these cookies for analytics and research (see article 5). These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, subscription service and how effective our marketing campaigns are, or there is automatic recognition that you were already at our site. This cookies remain on termination of a session (when you log off from our website) and may be deleted automatically after a certain time.
The data processed by cookies for any of these purposes is ensuring the protection of our and third party legitimate interests in accordance with par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies by default but provide you with options to disallow cookies or to show a warning before storing them. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our website though your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted.
5. Website analytics
The measures of our tracking tools will be carried out on the bases of par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR. Resulting information from tracking measures are subject to ongoing reviews and adapting of website design to current requirements.
Furthermore, we use tracking measures for statistical information about our website usage for the enhancement and optimization of our services. All of these interests apply the abovementioned provision and must be regarded for the purpose of that provision.
The respective data processing classes and purposes are set forth in the Google Analytics tracking tool description.
5.1) Google Analytics
To collect and process certain analytics data to meet requirements and ongoing optimization of our web presence, we use Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Go ogle servers in the United States (https://policies.google.com/privacy?gl=DE&hl=en) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; consecutively named „Google“).
For this to happen cookies are used (see chapter 4) to automatically collect information through our website as:
- web browser and/or device type
- other device address or ID
- the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you visit a specific SETEX web site or service
- the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a product or service
- your IP address
- the dates and times that you visit, access, or use SETEX products and services.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google (IP-Masking). We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Although you may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, we would like to make you aware of the fact, that in this case it is possible that you will not be able to use all the functions of this website.
You can also prevent data (incl. your IP address) generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website from being recorded and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
You can prevent recording by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. Google Analytics is deactivated Now activating An opt-out cookie is set which prevents your data from being collated when you visit this website. This opt-out-cookie applies strictly for this browser, website and session. More information on conditions of use and data protection available at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
6. Social Media Plug-ins
A social network is a place for social meetings on the Internet, an online community, which usually allows users to communicate with each other and interact in a virtual space. A social network may serve as a platform for the exchange of opinions and experiences, or enable the Internet community to provide personal or business-related information.
On this website, we are using social network plug-ins of Facebook, LinkedIn, Xing and Youtube on the bases of par.6 art.1 p.1 cit. GDPR to extend awareness of the SETEX brand. The promotional purpose has a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR regulation. The responsible handling of data and compliance lies exclusively with the providers.
To make the information more personalized, our website contains Facebook plug-ins. These programs are exclusively operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA (Facebook). The plug-ins are clearly visible on our website through the use of the Facebook logo. When visiting our website or profile containing such a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct link with the servers operated by Facebook; as a result, the content of the plug-in will be transferred to your browser and embedded in the website being shown.
If you visit our website whilst signed into your Facebook user account, information concerning your visit will be transferred to Facebook. Facebook can assign your visit to our website to your user account. Information arising from interaction with the Facebook plug-ins (such as by clicking the Facebook “like” button or by leaving a comment) will be directly transferred to and stored by Facebook. To prevent this you must log out of your Facebook account before visiting our website.
The data protection guideline published by Facebook, which is available at https://facebook.com/about/privacy/, provides information about the collection, processing and use of personal data by Facebook. In addition, it is explained there what setting options Facebook offers to protect your privacy. In addition, different configuration options are made available to allow the elimination of data transmission to Facebook. You may use these applications to eliminate a data transmission to Facebook.
With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, on which a LinkedIn component (LinkedIn plug-in) is integrated, your browser will establish a connection to a server operated by LinkedIn and transmit which of our websites have been visited with your IP.
If you click the LinkedIn “Recommend-Button” whilst signed into your LinkedIn user account, information concerning your visit to our website may be assigned to your personal user profile. To prevent this, you must log out of your LinkedIn account before visiting our website.
On this website we have integrated components of XING. XING is an Internet-based social network that enables users to connect with existing business contacts and to create new business contacts. The operating company of XING is XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, on which a XING component is integrated, your browser will establish a connection to a server operated by XING SE („XING“) and share information of the „XING Share-Button“, especially the number of shares counted. Xing does not store any personal data with this connection. In particular, no IP addresses are stored. Xing does not perform an evaluation of your usage patterns in connection with the „XING Share-Button“.
The data protection provisions published by XING, which is available under https://www.xing.com/privacy, provide information on the collection, processing and use of personal data by XING. In addition, XING has published privacy notices for the XING share button under https://www.xing.com/app/share?op=data_protection.
7. Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right to:
- referred to Article 15 GDPR, request information to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us. In particular, you are entitled to receive information on the purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom this personal data have been disclosed or will be, the time-limit on retention, to correction, deletion or blocking of this data, the objection, the right to judicial review to pass disclosure the origin of personal data (provided such data were not submitted to us), the existence and functions of an automated decision-making including profiling and providing meaningful information to the details.
- referred to Article 16 GDPR, request rectification on incorrect or incomplete personal data we have stored.
- referred to Article 17 GDPR, request to erasure ('right to be forgotten') of personal data we have stored, insofar as they do not govern the processing of regulatory obligations or belong to freedom of speech and freedom to information, or for reasons of public interest, or prepare the ground to legal claims.
- referred to Article 18 GDPR, request the restriction of processing of personal data as far as you dispute on the accuracy and our request to deletion is rejected, as you may be obligated to hand out this data to defend legal claims or to protect vital interests or you have used your right to object referred to Article 21 GDPR.
- referred to Article 20 GDPR, request the data portability of the personal data submitted to us by you, in a structured format which can be fully interpreted by an automated computer system without human interpretation, or to transmit information to another responsible person.
- referred to Article 7 chapter 3 GDPR, to revoke your given consent for the processing and use of your personal data. As a consequence, the data processing based on this consent shall not be accepted by us any longer.
- referred to Article 77 GDPR, to complain at regulatory authorities. In principle you may turn with this to the supervisory authority of your residence or place of employment of our company.
8. Right to object
Should you decide that you do not want SETEX to use your personal data on the legitimate interests referred to par. 6 art. 1 p. 1 cit. GDPR for lawfulness of processing, you have the right of objecting to the processing on the basis of Article 21 GDPR, provided there are sufficient grounds for your particular situation, or the data is being processed for the purposes of direct marketing.
The latter case provides your right for a general prohibition without providing reasons, where we will take the required initiative. In the event that you make use of the legal right of revocation, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Date security
We use the internationally accepted security system SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to encrypt the visit on our website using 256-bit encryption. If your device browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we are using 128-bit v3 technology instead.
Whether a single page of our website is transmitted encrypted can be determined on the closed bowl symbol or padlock icon in the bottom status bar of your browser.
As for the rest, we use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, or destruction or against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are constantly being improved according to the technological state of the art.